What is a 30's Uke Girl up to these days??

My photo
I’m a lifelong musician, been writing songs since I was 16. And, they got better with time and practice. Everything gets better with practice! As a wise man once said, “Don’t practice till you get it right, practice till you can’t get it wrong!” I love teaching ukulele, and also teaching voice and of course, songwriting. A song is nothing more than a story, and if you sing it as if it were a play, then you are using your voice correctly. If you write it as if it were a play, you engage the listeners. And bonus, if you use an instrument as an extension of your feelings, you can make the song soar. I intend to use this blog for the promotion of my ukulele passion, to introduce performers, review instruments, luthiers, and give links to great UKE websites. I also will keep links to festivals, events, and clubs. My other passion is biographical content, and I’ll be adding many of those, especially about the early artists from the 20s 30s 40s. A lost treasure trove of talent. Hope you enjoy the varied content. It will be eclectic, like me!

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

It's A Ukulele Day now on Soundcloud, music and lyrics by Norine Mungo

South Tampa Ukulele Jam
hosted by Norine and Vinny Mungo
with their live Ukulele Band
Reenee & The Rollers


It's A Ukulele Day

Here you go peeps from around the world, I'm posting It's A Ukulele Day, music and lyrics by Norine Mungo and performed by Norine aka 30s Uke Girl and also aka Reenee of Reenee and The Rollers.  We performed this at the Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway on both Friday night to Kick Off the weekend and on Sunday with Ty and his Hawaiian Group to Close the Festival.

Thank you all for your overwhelming response and requests for this song.  I will love knowing that y'all are performing this song at your clubs around the world!  My motto, "No Nukes! Play Ukes!"

For those that heard the beginnings of this song several years ago, when I first wrote it as It's World Ukulele Day, yes, this is the same song, but revised to reflect that, heck EVERY DAY is A Ukulele Day, not just once a year!  So, have fun, and please let me know if you are doing this song at YOUR clubs, and also, keep us in mind if you ever want to have us at YOUR festivals and workshops!

Later Dudes, Dudettes, and to all my peeps, Blessings in Abundance are wished for you and yours!
Ever and Always, 30s Uke Girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment