What is a 30's Uke Girl up to these days??

My photo
I’m a lifelong musician, been writing songs since I was 16. And, they got better with time and practice. Everything gets better with practice! As a wise man once said, “Don’t practice till you get it right, practice till you can’t get it wrong!” I love teaching ukulele, and also teaching voice and of course, songwriting. A song is nothing more than a story, and if you sing it as if it were a play, then you are using your voice correctly. If you write it as if it were a play, you engage the listeners. And bonus, if you use an instrument as an extension of your feelings, you can make the song soar. I intend to use this blog for the promotion of my ukulele passion, to introduce performers, review instruments, luthiers, and give links to great UKE websites. I also will keep links to festivals, events, and clubs. My other passion is biographical content, and I’ll be adding many of those, especially about the early artists from the 20s 30s 40s. A lost treasure trove of talent. Hope you enjoy the varied content. It will be eclectic, like me!

Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 2, 2014

OK, 30s Uke Girl is back on it! New Videos coming and lots of news on Ukulele Surge!!!

Hey there boys and girls from all over the world!  It looks like the phenomenon of the Ukulele surge is not slowing down one bit.  It is exciting to see all the buzz in the news lately about all the clubs and festivals and the surge in Ukulele sales over the last year.  It is only getting better and bigger and that is great for all of us enthusiasts!

I just finished a festival last weekend and was so thrilled to see people turning around from far away points and making their way over to the stage area when they heard the music.  People were smiling and tapping their feet to the music, and they not only commented on the original songs afterward, but that they loved the ukulele!  This was not an Ukulele festival, but a Folk Festival.  So, you can imagine that I was really happy to hear all the great comments.

I did a lot of shout outs for our Tampa Bay Ukulele Society, and for Ukulele playing in general.  Hey, I am by no means extremely talented on picking but I do write great songs and now that I am comfortable playing them on Baritone and Tenor, well, it just adds to the songs appeal.

I will be posting some videos on here for a couple of different groups.  One is for the Girls Picking Party and that is songs that we will all work on through the year via video.  The other group is for my peeps here in Tampa Bay Ukulele Society, and that will be all originals and some instructional on some cover tunes for Beginner Sessions and South Tampa Jam!

So, here is a video of an original I wrote called Nothing Lasts Forever, a love song, lol, and forgive the quality of sound, as I am new at this recording with the pc cam.  I will get better!  Enjoy and stay tuned in and turned on as there are many events coming up over the next two months that will rock your hula girl socks right off!  Ever, 30s Uke Girl aka Norine Mungo

No comments:

Post a Comment